Sunday, April 29, 2012

Awesome April Actuality Awareness!

Well, I was going to hold this off for the actual end of the month...but I figured, what the hell, I'm edgy, I'll post my monthly update a day early. Occupy that.

First up, my progress on my resolutions.

#1 - Quit Smoking - DONE- 40+ days under my belt and going strong. I feel great, I smell great (...alright, better), and I have the energy of someone who isn't hacking up a lung. Basically my energy level has from Neo in the Matrix when he's all shot up and dead, to the jumping in that Agent dude and watching him explode into a bunch of itty bitty pieces. Ha, find that on your stupid TV quit ads, which are WAY more annoying when you're trying to quit. Imagine you're Catholic, and all you see and hear about on Friday are ads about steak. Yeah, thanks public ad campaign.

#2 - Positive Networth  DONE - In the black and growing! I've also made my first....83 cents off ad revenue from this thing. I'm not in this money, and like I said, I would donate whatever I made during Lent and triple it or something. I'm just gonna go with $5 (I should probably clarify that this isn't my only charitable donation of the year). Luckily the market continues to do well, and my budget has finally gotten to a settling point, which means I have more room available for fun!

#3 - Run a marathon - IN TRAINING - I've done the research, and I've decided that I'm going to run the Atlanta marathon on October 28th. I should have ample time to train up for it, and I'll be kicking off that effort in the next few weeks.

#4  - Travel more! - Doing! - This past month or so I've visited the Atlanta and Charleston areas and have had a blast at both. In addition, I bought a season pass at the US Whitewater Center near Charlotte, and quitting smoking has now covered that! There are a few more cities and places within driving distance I plan on visiting, so hopefully I'll be able to get to those places soon!

#5 - Write/create more! - Needs improvement  - Now, I've been writing a fair amount on here, so on one hand, I feel like I'm getting somewhere. However, it has gotten my kind of antsy and wanting to do even more.

One of the big ones is that I really want to enter, and eventually get selected, for one of the Cracked.com photoplasty articles. Yeah, it's dumb, but I'm making it a goal to enter at least 3 of those a month.

In my next post, I'm going to cover my next whiteboard item...tackling P90X!

No comments:

Post a Comment