Sunday, May 27, 2012

Still bringin it...

Alright! Almost at day 45 of P90X, and so far I'm loving the results. I just feel all around much stronger and slimmer, and have had a few people notice as much, which always feels good. One thing for sure, it is REALLY hard to fit in every workout, every day, but I'm hell bent on making sure I get through at least one round of this thing. And I get the feeling that once I'm over the hump, it will be way easier to finish it out.

Speaking of getting lighter, I just installed an ultra lite Linux OS on my desktop computer, and holy potato pancakes is it great. Don't get me wrong, Windows will always have a special place in my heart, but the reality is that I don't use my computer for much else other than music and the internet. So, sick of all the wait times, I just got this very simple OS, burned it to a cd, reboot my computer, and now I have little to no lag for everything I do online. It's a dream!

On a sadder note, I fell back into the nicotine habit briefly. And while it hasn't been a total relapse, it's been enough to justify posting. Basically, a few weeks ago I had a rough week, and it felt justifiable to start back up. Completely dumb, but I'll be getting back on the quitting train starting tomorrow morning.

However, on the plus side, I was able to save nearly $300 by not smoking that whole time! And speaking of money, I also need to get back into my regular budgeting...something that summer doesn't seem to appreciate all that much. This is basically going to mean more brown bagging it, which will in turn keep me healthier.

Also got some blood work done recently, and my cholesterol and blood sugar are right where they should be! Not that there was any worry, but it's always nice to know. No HIV either, always a plus :)

Other than that, got some more hiking in, doing about 40 miles in a 24 hour period, which felt insanely badass. Yesterday I took in a bluegrass festival with a bbq cookoff (tasty AND festive). Tomorrow, whitewater rafting to wrap up my Memorial Day weekend! Then back to work.

Anyway, next weekend I'll post my monthly progress towards goals, shouldn't be too much new, but alas, it must be done! Or not...but yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment