Thursday, December 13, 2012

Three more resolutions

Just had some random ones I figured I should get down while they're fresh.

#2 - Take the GRE, apply to grad school.

I'm looking to start grad school in fall 2014 or spring of 2015, so 2013 seems like a good time to start the process. Just checked the price...$150! So I guess I should write "Study, Take the GRE, Apply".

#3 - Limit TV Viewing to less than 5 hours a week.

Yes, even during football season. And Netflix. It took me binging on Sons of Anarchy to realize that this is not the healthiest way to spend my time, and less TV is not a bad thing. Especially since NBC seems hell bent on destroying my Thursday night sitcoms. I actually don't think this will be too hard of a thing to accomplish, and it will need to be tracked weekly, especially at first.

#4 - Declutter my life

One of the greatest continuous joys I have in life is buying CDs. I love music. But lately I've been buying CDs and ripping them to my computer before I even listen to the thing! And then the CD goes straight into a CD rack that I never even use. Books? Read once and insist on keeping them around for "future research". It's not gonna happen. I mean it always COULD happen, but those days are long gone and likely aren't coming back. Basically, from here on out, I'm going digital and/or using the library. I have a Kindle for books and numerous devices to stream music (legally).

Still trying to think of one more good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment